We are looking for a reliable Management Accountant to assist senior management in making critical business decisions by analyzing and presenting key financial data. You will be responsible for overseeing accounting procedures and preparing forecasts, budgets and risk analysis.
An excellent management accountant must have an exceptional mathematical mind combined with a strong business orientation. You must be able to undertake all accounting tasks of the company and be both a strategist and a decision maker.
The goal is to contribute to the decision making process of management that will ensure business growth and long-term success.
- Present financial information and analysis to help senior management make better business decisions
- Explain the financial aspects of investments, operations and other projects to non-financial managers
- Direct basic accounting procedures such as preparing balance sheets or income statements
- Analyze key financial data to evaluate the company’s performance
- Make forecasts to assist business planning and anticipate trends and changes
- Prepare budgets and monitor costs and expenditure
- Conduct risk assessment and advise on ways to minimize risk
- Set up and oversee financial systems and procedures (bookkeeping, internal control etc.)
- Advise on problems and ways to improve profitability
- Supervise lower-level accounting personnel
- Proven experience as management accountant or similar role
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles, laws and practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and reporting principles
- Excellent knowledge or risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Working knowledge of financial software (e.g. Quickbooks) and MS Office
- Analytical mind with aptitude in math
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A strong business acumen
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or similar field
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CGMA) will be preferred